50th Anniversary Campaign for the Future
PSR is celebrating 50 years of working for a more peaceful, just and healthy world. The Campaign for the Future is a $1 million fundraising campaign in honor of our 50th anniversary and intended to ensure a strong foundation for the future, even as we continue working on the most pressing issues of the day. Gifts to the campaign will provide critical support for PSR’s core programs— nuclear weapons, environment and health, safe energy—while helping to increase our capacity to meet the challenges of the future.
To achieve lasting change, we need to broaden our reach, increase our ranks of expert medical and health professionals, expand our network of grassroots supporters, and grow and strengthen our chapter network. The medical and public health voice is needed now more than ever.
Campaign funds will be used in three ways:
- Program and chapter capacity building to provide resources to our core programs, our chapters and essential public outreach and education.
- Infrastructure investment to take advantage of the newest technology, improve operations and ensure access to the tools needed to get the job done.
- Operating reserves to ensure financial stability, a cushion against unexpected events and flexibility to address urgent needs.
Campaign Timeline and Progress
- The campaign was formally announced April 9, at a dinner co-chaired by Sid Alexander, M.D. and Vic Sidel, M.D.
- The campaign has raised $460,000 in pledges and gifts from 28 individuals.
- We are now securing additional lead gifts with a goal of raising $1 million by June 2013.
PSR: From the Past into the Future
When PSR started out as a small group of physicians meeting around a kitchen table, its intention was to raise the alarm on the catastrophic risks posed by nuclear weapons and create the conditions necessary for a fundamental shift in thinking around the world, to move toward elimination of these devastating weapons. Their activism resonated with the public and ultimately policymakers in a way that has set the course for sustained physician advocacy. Today, PSR is the largest physician-led organization working against the gravest threats to human health and survival. The Campaign for the Future will help ensure this great tradition continues effectively.
How to Give
We ask you to support the campaign with a generous gift. Gifts may be paid over three years. All donors will be recognized on PSR’s website and in printed materials, such as PSR Reports and the Annual Report.
Founders: $50,000 and above
Trustees: $25,000 to 49,900
Directors: $15,000 to 24,999
Benefactors: $7,500 to 14,999
Sustainers: $2,000 to 7,499
Cash gifts, pledges and appreciated securities may be donated to the campaign. Although planned gifts and bequests cannot be counted toward the Campaign goal, PSR welcomes such gifts. For more information about making such a gift, consult with your estate planner and contact PSR.
A general support gift will be put to use across the organization. If you are making a gift of $50,000 or more, you may also wish to direct your gift to underwrite a particular program, chapter or geographic area; to establish a named fellowship; or to focus your contribution on advancing a specific campaign.
For more information on targeting your gift, please contact Christine Herrmann at 202-587-5239 or email@example.com.
Physicians for Social Responsibility
1111 14th St, NW, Suite 700
Washington, DC 20005