Join a dedicated development team working with Physicians for Social Responsibility as our development specialist. Help manage our new database and all aspects of the online and direct mail programs for a national membership organization. This is an exciting position that will call on your creativity and analytic abilities and it has ample opportunities for advancement.
As a health professional-led organization, PSR's mission is to protect human life from the gravest threats to health and survival. Our national staff and chapters marshal the medical and public health voice for the prevention of nuclear war, abolition of nuclear weapons and reductions in the threats of climate change and toxic chemicals. Our work focuses on advocacy and policy change at the national, state and local levels.
Direct mail management:
- Working with program staff and executive director, develop content for online (one/month) and direct mail appeals (eight/year).
- Manage appeal and renewal series with mail house to ensure on time delivery; manage file upload and segmentation processes.
- Work in partnership with direct mail data processing partners to coordinate receipt and processing of files, income and acknowledgments.
- Optimize campaign effectiveness, maximize donor potential, and infuse innovation where possible with print production partners.
- Provide reporting and analytics of direct mail program.
- Manage PSR's new database, Engaging Networks.
- Ongoing management of updates and customizing features for database.
- Direct education training for staff and chapter partners with database vendor.
- Manage the database to facilitate excellent information recovery.
- Pull data and lists as requested/needed.
- Must be comfortable working in Excel; power users apply!
- Adaptive and quick to learn new technology
- Adobe InDesign experience or willingness to learn a plus
Applicants must have a Bachelor's degree. At least 3-5 years of related work experience is required with experience in database as well as online/direct mail communications. Excellent attention to detail and strict adherence to timelines are a must. Solid written and oral communications skills are required. Advocacy background is helpful. Must have a positive attitude and be a team player who can work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Salary commensurate with experience. PSR offers excellent benefits. Office located two blocks from Blue/Orange Metro Line at McPherson Square and four blocks from Red Line Farragut North. Intellectually-stimulating workplace with passionate, dedicated colleagues.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter describing your qualifications and salary requirements, resume, writing sample and three supervisory references.
Electronic submissions are required: email@example.com
Director of Operations, W. Taylor Johnson
Development Specialist Search
Physicians for Social Responsibility
1111 14 th St. NW #700
Washington, D.C. 20005
Please, no phone calls.
Job open until filled.