Support Greater Boston PSR!
Join us in building a healthy environment and promoting sensible security policies. Make a donation to GBPSR today.
Call on Congress to give the same tax benefits to clean, healthy, renewable wind energy that they do to dirty fossil and nuclear fuels.
Free Online Continuing Education Course for Health Professionals on Pediatric Environmental Health
GBPSR teamed up with the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry's (ATSDR) Division of Toxicology and Environmental Medicine and the University of California - San Francisco Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Unit to create this FREE online 1 1/2 hour CE course for health professionals.
Now Available at: http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/emes/health_professionals/pediatrics.html
Based on the Pediatric Environmental Health Toolkit, an American Academy of Pediatrics-endorsed clinical tool, this Free 1.5 Credit Hours course was developed for physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, and other health professionals.
The Pediatric Environmental Health Online Toolkit course information is posted to the Public Health Foundation (PHF) TrainingFinder Real-time Affiliate Integrated Network (TRAIN) website. View the course details here.
- Anticipatory guidance and environmental health
- Taking an environmental health history
- Environmental health case studies
- Animated well child visit cases
- How to use the Pediatric Toolkit in clinical practice
- Additional resources
- and much more…
Use this free interactive online course in the comfort of your own home or office to increase your knowledge base of common pediatric environmental health issues. Users can log in and out to complete the course in several sessions.
The Toolkit on which the course is based includes:
- Laminated reference card with brief summaries of major toxicants - potential health effects, routes of exposure, prevention strategies;
- "Anticipatory guidance" pocket card keyed to developmental stages for use during well-child visits;
- Key Concepts brief on children's environmental health;
- Patient handouts - Prescriptions for Prevention, magnets in English and Spanish;
- Wall posters
The Toolkit is a valuable reference to have on hand.
To order copies contact:
Physicians for Social Responsibility
1875 Connecticut Ave, NW Suite 1012 - Washington, DC 20009
Toolkits can also be downloaded online, including for PDA's, here.