Support Greater Boston PSR!
Join us in building a healthy environment and promoting sensible security policies. Make a donation to GBPSR today.
A framework agreement has been reached for a final comprehensive deal with Iran. Write to your senators to keep diplomacy going so that we can reach a final deal!
Major Projects and Activities 1990-2009
Security, Nuclear Weapons and Health
- 1992 - Organize and convene the Network for Nuclear Abolition group of MA peace groups (recently revitalized as the MA Disarmament Action Network that meets monthly)
- Manhattan Project II - events, ads, activities (including w/ Daniel Ellsberg) on abolition of nuclear weapons
- Many major Hiroshima Day Events - including a Boston Public Library exhibit/reception for Robert del Tredici Dismantling the Idea of the Bomb with "Atomic Age Film Series"; "Call to Disarm" at State House/Boston Common
- Twilight's Last Gleaming - Major 10 day public art exhibit on nuclear waste on Boston City Hall Plaza and opening ceremonies featuring Helen Caldicott and the nuclear legacy performance group
- 2002 - Forum This is not a Test on Terrorism, Health and Security - Major event at Faneuil Hall
- Organize international letter writing campaign to local papers in the 5 nuclear powers
- Op-ed in Boston Globe on "Stealthy Steps to a New Nuclear Arms Race"
- 2006 -Prescribing a World without Nuclear Weapons event with IPPNW - Daniel Ellsberg, James Taylor
- 2007 - Medical Consequences of Iraq War conference at Old South Church
- Advocacy efforts opposing war in Iran - signature ad, support Boston leg of Iranian physician's tour
- 2008 - Iraq war Veteran's health project
- "Myths about Violence" slide show for medical professionals
- Handbook on conflict resolution for health care providers
- Working with the MA Governor's Commission on Domestic Violence on standard of care assessment
- Mobilizing the Medical Community Against Violence conference at Harvard School of Public Health
- Guns for Teddy Bears event at Boston Children's Hospital
About Greater Boston PSR
GBPSR 2010-2012 Steering Committee