Support PSR Florida!
Join us in building a healthy environment and promoting sensible security policies. Make a donation to PSR Florida today
Guided by the values and expertise of medicine and public health, Physicians for Social Responsibility works to protect humanity from the gravest threats to health and survival. Right now, you can make a difference by registering your comments on the EPA's new Clean Power rule to limit carbon from existing coal-burning power plants. Just click the button to get started.
USF Health Student Chapter
PSR Florida and local student PSR members joined together in April to celebrate Earth Day at the Tampa Lowry Park Zoo.
2014-2015 USF Health Student Chapter Leadership
Jeannette Fleischer, ARNP, PSR/Florida Board Member
Lynn Ringenberg, MD PSR/Florida President
USF Health Student PSR leadership 2012-13
Jared Gopman, Stephanie Holdener, Christina Cherian and Eric Monaco
The University of South Florida Health Student chapter of Physicians for Social Responsibility was founded in 2009. As the first and only student chapter in Florida, SPSR at USF Health strives to bring to the forefront issues of environment and health, social justice, and nuclear war. Through education, advocacy, and action, it has made an impact on the local community.
2012-2013 Executive Board of USF Health SPSR
- Michelle Rosario, President
- Brittany Darragh, Vice President
- Stephen Mayper, Treasurer
- Sasha Yahkinds, Secretary
Projects and Initiatives for 2012-2013
- USF Patel Partnership Elementary Garden: SPSR, partnered with our local student AMA chapter and Wellness Council, recently began a local nutrition and environmental education program at the USF Patel Partnership elementary school. See the USF Health news article here.
2011-2012 Executive Board of USF Health SPSR
- Judy Puckett, President
- Grace Tidwell, Vice President
- Sherry Zhao, Social Justice Chair
- Jordan Kapper, Environmental Chair
2010-2011 Executive Board of USF Health SPSR
- Sadia Ali, President
- Ayesha Farooq, Vice President
- Craig Levoy, Treasurer
- Cara Sullivan, Environmental Health Chair
- Conrad Vinalon, Social Justice Chair
- Kristina Chechotka, IT Chair
- Dr. Ringenberg, Faculty Advisor
Projects and Initiatives for 2010-11
Read More about the Metro Kids Klinic
- Speaker - Dr. Ira Helfand: Medical Effects of Nuclear War
- Documentary Screening - CRUDE: The Real Price of Oil
- Lunch Meeting: How to get Involved with SPSR
- Documentary Screening - Unnatural Causes: Collateral Damage
- Seed planting with students at Belle Witter Elementary
In the Spotlight
The Need for Chemical Reform
PSR/Florida has been advocating for toxic chemical reform for years, providing education and resources to healthcare professionals and the public and briefing members of Congress.