Support PSR Florida!
Join us in building a healthy environment and promoting sensible security policies. Make a donation to PSR Florida today
Climate change’s threats to human health and life are growing. Will you join our latest effort to roll back climate change?
USF Health Student Chapter
The University of South Florida Health Student chapter of Physicians for Social Responsibility was founded in 2009. As the first and only student chapter in Florida, SPSR at USF Health strives to bring to the forefront issues of environment and health, social justice, and nuclear war. Through education, advocacy, and action, it has made an impact on the local community.
2012-2013 Executive Board of USF Health SPSR
- Michelle Rosario, President
- Brittany Darragh, Vice President
- Stephen Mayper, Treasurer
- Sasha Yahkinds, Secretary
Projects and Initiatives for 2012-2013
- USF Patel Partnership Elementary Garden: SPSR, partnered with our local student AMA chapter and Wellness Council, recently began a local nutrition and environmental education program at the USF Patel Partnership elementary school. See the USF Health news article here.
2011-2012 Executive Board of USF Health SPSR
- Judy Puckett, President
- Grace Tidwell, Vice President
- Sherry Zhao, Social Justice Chair
- Jordan Kapper, Environmental Chair
2010-2011 Executive Board of USF Health SPSR
- Sadia Ali, President
- Ayesha Farooq, Vice President
- Craig Levoy, Treasurer
- Cara Sullivan, Environmental Health Chair
- Conrad Vinalon, Social Justice Chair
- Kristina Chechotka, IT Chair
- Dr. Ringenberg, Faculty Advisor
Projects and Initiatives for 2010-11
Read More about the Metro Kids Klinic
- Speaker - Dr. Ira Helfand: Medical Effects of Nuclear War
- Documentary Screening - CRUDE: The Real Price of Oil
- Lunch Meeting: How to get Involved with SPSR
- Documentary Screening - Unnatural Causes: Collateral Damage
- Seed planting with students at Belle Witter Elementary