Support PSR Florida!
Join us in building a healthy environment and promoting sensible security policies. Make a donation to PSR Florida today
Please voice your support for a strong, health-protective rule by submitting your comment to the EPA today.
USF Health Student Chapter
2014-2015 USF Health Student Chapter Leadership
Jeannette Fleischer, ARNP, PSR/Florida Board Member
Lynn Ringenberg, MD PSR/Florida President
USF Health Student PSR leadership 2012-13
Jared Gopman, Stephanie Holdener, Christina Cherian and Eric Monaco
The University of South Florida Health Student chapter of Physicians for Social Responsibility was founded in 2009. As the first and only student chapter in Florida, SPSR at USF Health strives to bring to the forefront issues of environment and health, social justice, and nuclear war. Through education, advocacy, and action, it has made an impact on the local community.
2012-2013 Executive Board of USF Health SPSR
- Michelle Rosario, President
- Brittany Darragh, Vice President
- Stephen Mayper, Treasurer
- Sasha Yahkinds, Secretary
Projects and Initiatives for 2012-2013
- USF Patel Partnership Elementary Garden: SPSR, partnered with our local student AMA chapter and Wellness Council, recently began a local nutrition and environmental education program at the USF Patel Partnership elementary school. See the USF Health news article here.
2011-2012 Executive Board of USF Health SPSR
- Judy Puckett, President
- Grace Tidwell, Vice President
- Sherry Zhao, Social Justice Chair
- Jordan Kapper, Environmental Chair
2010-2011 Executive Board of USF Health SPSR
- Sadia Ali, President
- Ayesha Farooq, Vice President
- Craig Levoy, Treasurer
- Cara Sullivan, Environmental Health Chair
- Conrad Vinalon, Social Justice Chair
- Kristina Chechotka, IT Chair
- Dr. Ringenberg, Faculty Advisor
Projects and Initiatives for 2010-11
Read More about the Metro Kids Klinic
- Speaker - Dr. Ira Helfand: Medical Effects of Nuclear War
- Documentary Screening - CRUDE: The Real Price of Oil
- Lunch Meeting: How to get Involved with SPSR
- Documentary Screening - Unnatural Causes: Collateral Damage
- Seed planting with students at Belle Witter Elementary
In the Spotlight
The Need for Chemical Reform
PSR/Florida has been advocating for toxic chemical reform for years, providing education and resources to healthcare professionals and the public and briefing members of Congress.