Welcome to PSR's Environmental Health Policy
Institute, where we ask questions -- then we ask the experts to
answer them. Join us as physicians, health professionals,
and environmental health experts share their ideas, inspiration, and
analysis about toxic chemicals and environmental health policy.
- The Final Institute November 20, 2014
- Food and Water Safety September 22, 2014
- Childhood Cancer June 24, 2014
- The Costs of Disease April 18, 2014
- Male Infertility February 26, 2014
- Flame Retardants December 13, 2013
- Risk Assessment and Chemicals November 19, 2013
- Preemption of State Chemical Reform October 18, 2013
- Fracking Revisited August 5, 2013
- Federal Chemical Policy Reform June 28, 2013
More Topics »
Angela Johnson Meszaros
Angela Johnson Meszaros is General Counsel of Physicians for Social Responsibility-Los Angeles and has 19 years of experience working with communities on environmental justice issues. She uses a range of tools to enhance the health, safety, and quality of life of low-income communities of color impacted by environmental hazards, including: litigation; providing community legal education and technical assistance; and mediating negotiations between community, business, and agency stakeholders. She was the co-chair of the Environmental Justice Advisory Committee on the Implementation of the Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006 (AB 32) from 2007 to 2013. She currently is the Chair of the Board of the Economic Roundtable, which works to understand how economic policies contribute to the economic self-sufficiency of individuals and communities; and is member of the California State Bar.
Meszaros’ efforts have focused on policy development and implementation regarding air pollution especially related to energy issues, but also include land use, superfund clean-up, urban parks and open space, lead poisoning, and freeway siting.
Hydraulic Fracturing in the Urban Fabric, August 5, 2013