Check back each month for new topics and responses
Welcome to PSR's Environmental Health Policy
Institute, where we ask questions -- then we ask the experts to
answer them. Join us as physicians, health professionals,
and environmental health experts share their ideas, inspiration, and
analysis about toxic chemicals and environmental health policy.
- The Final Institute November 20, 2014
- Food and Water Safety September 22, 2014
- Childhood Cancer June 24, 2014
- The Costs of Disease April 18, 2014
- Male Infertility February 26, 2014
- Flame Retardants December 13, 2013
- Risk Assessment and Chemicals November 19, 2013
- Preemption of State Chemical Reform October 18, 2013
- Fracking Revisited August 5, 2013
- Federal Chemical Policy Reform June 28, 2013
More Topics »
Kristen Welker-Hood, ScD MSN RN
Dr. Welker-Hood is a nurse and environmental health scientist. She is Director of the Environment and Health Program at Physicians for Social Responsibility in Washington, DC. She previously served as Senior Policy Fellow in the Center for Occupational and Environmental Health of the American Nurses Association. She holds a BS in Nursing from the State University of New York in Binghamton, NY, an MS in Nursing from Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD, and received her Doctorate in Environmental Health Science from Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, MA, in 2005.
Awards received by Dr. Welker-Hood include: Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society membership and the Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing Academic Merit Scholarship in both 1997 and 1998. In 2005 she was awarded a 2005 University of Texas Medical Branch President’s Cabinet Award for programs benefiting the Galveston, Texas community.
An Inadequate Law Keeps the EPA's Hands Tied, September 2, 2010
Our Work On Air Toxics Goes Unfinished, April 14, 2011