Your membership supports PSR's work to reduce global warming, eliminate toxics in our environment and abolish nuclear weapons. YOU make our work possible. Thank you.
Drawing on peer-reviewed scientific and medical research, Dr. Lockwood meticulously details the symptoms of climate change and their medical side effects.
On sale now! Enter code M17ENV25 at checkout for 25% discount.
Health and Oil and Gas Production
May 23, 2017
Time: 1:00 - 4:00 pm PDT
Location: CalEPA, Sierra Hearing Room, 2nd Floor, 1001 I Street
CA Climate Action Team Public Health Workgroup Meeting on health and oil and gas production. The CATPHWG meeting will also be broadcast as a live webinar/webcast for those unable to attend in person.
Presenters scheduled thus far include:
- Seth Shonkoff, PSE Healthy Energy - The Public Health Dimensions of Oil and Gas Development in California
- Jim Nyarady, ARB - ARB’s Recently Adopted Oil & Gas Methane Regulation
- Carolyn Lozo and Ken Stroud (tentatively), ARB - Air Monitoring for Oil and Gas Emissions: In Communities and During Well Stimulation
- Rachel Morello-Frosch, UC Berkeley - Correlation Between DOGGR Well Data and Incidence of Low Birth Weight
- Martha Arguello, Physicians for Social Responsibility (Los Angeles) - Community experiences of living in proximity to oil and gas production
Webinar: Health Risks of Nuclear Power
As PSR chapters promote the transition to clean renewable energy, some are finding that nuclear power is being proposed as renewable. This webinar explores exactly why nuclear is not clean, not safe and not renewable. Read more »
Fracking Compendium 5 Water Excerpt
Given the timely and important consideration of the issue by state officials in Florida, Physicians for Social Responsibility, along with Concerned Health Professionals of New York, has released excerpts from the upcoming Fifth Edition of the Compendium of Scientific, Medical, and Media Findings Demonstrating Risks and Harms of Fracking. Released in Miami in advance of the full report, this new document contains an up-to-date analysis and compilation of the science on water contamination risks from drilling, fracking, and associated activities. Read more »
Natural Gas: Not a healthy or climate-protective solution for the Clean Power Plan
Building natural gas plants to replace coal-fired power is not a solution to the climate crisis; it merely replaces one fossil fuel with another. Read more »
In the Spotlight
April 28, 2018
2018 Greenfield Peace Writing Scholarship Awards Ceremony
Join Oregon PSR to celebrate the high school student winners of this year's scholarship. Featuring keynote speaker Marshallese anti-nuclear and climate activist and poet Kathy Jetnil-Kijiner. April 28 at 6 pm in Portland, Oregon.