Your membership supports PSR's work to reduce global warming, eliminate toxics in our environment and abolish nuclear weapons. YOU make our work possible. Thank you.
Drawing on peer-reviewed scientific and medical research, Dr. Lockwood meticulously details the symptoms of climate change and their medical side effects.
On sale now! Enter code M17ENV25 at checkout for 25% discount.
Health and Oil and Gas Production
May 23, 2017
Time: 1:00 - 4:00 pm PDT
Location: CalEPA, Sierra Hearing Room, 2nd Floor, 1001 I Street
CA Climate Action Team Public Health Workgroup Meeting on health and oil and gas production. The CATPHWG meeting will also be broadcast as a live webinar/webcast for those unable to attend in person.
Presenters scheduled thus far include:
- Seth Shonkoff, PSE Healthy Energy - The Public Health Dimensions of Oil and Gas Development in California
- Jim Nyarady, ARB - ARB’s Recently Adopted Oil & Gas Methane Regulation
- Carolyn Lozo and Ken Stroud (tentatively), ARB - Air Monitoring for Oil and Gas Emissions: In Communities and During Well Stimulation
- Rachel Morello-Frosch, UC Berkeley - Correlation Between DOGGR Well Data and Incidence of Low Birth Weight
- Martha Arguello, Physicians for Social Responsibility (Los Angeles) - Community experiences of living in proximity to oil and gas production
Clean Water Rule Fact Sheet
The Clean Water Rule (CWR) protects the nation's rain-dependent streams and wetlands from toxic pollution under the Clean Water Act. Read more »
PSR Expert Testimony on Coal Ash
Chesapeake PSR is suing the EPA over a proposed delay in a rule that slashes coal ash waste discharges into rivers and streams. PSR National Environment & Health Director Barbara Gottlieb gave expert testimony on the health impacts of coal ash disposal. Read more »
Barbara Gottlieb's Testimony on EPA Methane Standards
On July 10, 2017, PSR Environment & Health Director Barbara Gottlieb testified before the EPA against a proposed rollback of a methane regulation that would reduce leaks from oil and gas wells. Read more »
In the Spotlight
November 5, 2017
APHA 2017 Health Activist Dinner
The Health Activist Dinner at American Public Health Association's annual meeting will include the presentation of the Edward Barsky Award to PSR's Dr. Ira Helfand.