Make a difference in the challenge to confront global warming and prevent nuclear war and the development and use of nuclear weapons.
Guided by the values and expertise of medicine and public health, Physicians for Social Responsibility works to protect humanity from the gravest threats to health and survival. Right now, you can make a difference by registering your comments on the EPA's new Clean Power rule to limit carbon from existing coal-burning power plants. Just click the button to get started.
Health, Peace, & Social Justice Symposium
November 27, 2012
New York City, New York
Time: 2:00 - 5:00 pm
Location: Cherkasky Auditorium, Montefiore Medical Center, 111 East 210th St
A symposium in honor of Victor W. Sidel, MD, Distinguished University Professor of Social Medicine. Reception to follow in the Grand Hall.
Please join us Tuesday, November 27 from 2:00 to 5:00 pm in the Cherkasky Auditorium at Montefiore Medical Center, 111 E. 210 St., New York City. A reception follows in the Grand Hall.
Dr. Sidel has written and spoken extensively since the formation of Physicians for Social Responsibility 50 years ago on the medical consequences of the use of nuclear weapons and on the human and financial costs of the arms race and of war.
Please RSVP to Celeste Broquadio at email@example.com or (718) 430-3039
- You can enter through the main entrance (111 E. 210th St) however the BEST entrance to use is the E. Gun Hill Road Entrance. The address for GPS/Car service is 100 E. Gun Hill Road, Bronx, NY 10467 however please note there isn’t an address number on the building and it is located directly across from VIP Restaurant (131 E. Gun Hill Road, Bronx, NY 10467) which is on the corner of E. Gun Hill Road and Rochambeau Avenue. The entrance is referenced on the attached map as Foreman (AUD).
- Once you enter the E. Gun Hill Road entrance the Cherkasky Auditorium is located up the stairs to the right in the Tishman Learning Center. If elevator access is required please note there is an elevator at the base of the steps on the right hand side.
- Bus, subway, driving directions & parking information to Montefiore Medical Center (Moses Campus) can be accessed using this link: http://www.montefiore.org/west
- The reception begins immediately following the symposium in the Grand Hall (located across the hall from the Cherkasky Auditorium) and will last until 7:00pm. Kosher food will also be available during the cocktail reception.
- Coat check is located in the Tishman Learning Center adjacent to the Cherkasky Auditorium
- On the day of the symposium if you have questions/need directions please call Angelica Genao 718-920-3590. Angelica is the front desk manager of the Tishman Learning Center where the Cherkasky Auditorium and the Grand Hall are located.
View the event program here
The Office of the President, Montefiore Medical Center
The Department of Epidemiology and Population Health
The Department of Family and Social Medicine
In the Spotlight
July 17, 2014
Our Best Opportunity to Cut Climate Change
We need you to take action now! Tell the EPA that its proposed rule to cut carbon pollution from power plants Is vitally important and on the right track – but can be strengthened.