Make a difference in the challenge to confront global warming and prevent nuclear war and the development and use of nuclear weapons.
Methane is a greenhouse gas and a contributor to ground-level ozone formation. Ask the EPA to set strict limits on methane leakage from oil and gas wells.
Health, Peace, & Social Justice Symposium
November 27, 2012
New York City, New York
Time: 2:00 - 5:00 pm
Location: Cherkasky Auditorium, Montefiore Medical Center, 111 East 210th St
A symposium in honor of Victor W. Sidel, MD, Distinguished University Professor of Social Medicine. Reception to follow in the Grand Hall.
Please join us Tuesday, November 27 from 2:00 to 5:00 pm in the Cherkasky Auditorium at Montefiore Medical Center, 111 E. 210 St., New York City. A reception follows in the Grand Hall.
Dr. Sidel has written and spoken extensively since the formation of Physicians for Social Responsibility 50 years ago on the medical consequences of the use of nuclear weapons and on the human and financial costs of the arms race and of war.
Please RSVP to Celeste Broquadio at firstname.lastname@example.org or (718) 430-3039
- You can enter through the main entrance (111 E. 210th St) however the BEST entrance to use is the E. Gun Hill Road Entrance. The address for GPS/Car service is 100 E. Gun Hill Road, Bronx, NY 10467 however please note there isn’t an address number on the building and it is located directly across from VIP Restaurant (131 E. Gun Hill Road, Bronx, NY 10467) which is on the corner of E. Gun Hill Road and Rochambeau Avenue. The entrance is referenced on the attached map as Foreman (AUD).
- Once you enter the E. Gun Hill Road entrance the Cherkasky Auditorium is located up the stairs to the right in the Tishman Learning Center. If elevator access is required please note there is an elevator at the base of the steps on the right hand side.
- Bus, subway, driving directions & parking information to Montefiore Medical Center (Moses Campus) can be accessed using this link: http://www.montefiore.org/west
- The reception begins immediately following the symposium in the Grand Hall (located across the hall from the Cherkasky Auditorium) and will last until 7:00pm. Kosher food will also be available during the cocktail reception.
- Coat check is located in the Tishman Learning Center adjacent to the Cherkasky Auditorium
- On the day of the symposium if you have questions/need directions please call Angelica Genao 718-920-3590. Angelica is the front desk manager of the Tishman Learning Center where the Cherkasky Auditorium and the Grand Hall are located.
View the event program here
The Office of the President, Montefiore Medical Center
The Department of Epidemiology and Population Health
The Department of Family and Social Medicine