Your membership supports PSR's work to reduce global warming, eliminate toxics in our environment and abolish nuclear weapons. YOU make our work possible. Thank you.
Drawing on peer-reviewed scientific and medical research, Dr. Lockwood meticulously details the symptoms of climate change and their medical side effects.
On sale now! Enter code M17ENV25 at checkout for 25% discount.
Speak Out for Protection from Methane, Fracking Gases
July 10, 2017
Washington, District of Columbia
Time: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Location: Room 1153, William Jefferson Clinton-East, U.S. EPA, 1201 Constitution Avenue, NW
Methane endangers our climate, our health and our future. We urgently need to stop the rampant leakage of methane from wells, equipment and compressor stations. Protecting the EPA rule that requires repair of leaks and capture of fugitive emissions is sensible and necessary.
Please join us in Washington, DC on Monday, July 10 to help protect this important rule.
Citizen testimony is welcome and invited. You don't need to be an expert.
- You can speak as a health professional or as a concerned individual. We encourage you to let them know you're a member of PSR.
- Each speaker will have five minutes to speak. You can also submit written comments at the same time. These may be longer than your spoken testimony.
- For information on the health effects of methane, volatile organic compounds and air toxics associated with methane extraction, consult PSR’s recent report, Too Dirty, Too Dangerous.
You need to sign up in advance if you would like to present oral testimony at the hearing.
- You can sign up electronically here. Or you can notify Ms. Aimee St. Clair by email: StClair.Aimee@epa.gov (preferred); or by telephone: (919) 541-1063.
- Don't wait! The deadline for signing up is July 5, 2017, but speaking spots are limited.
Want to learn more about how to testify, or about the rule?
- The hearing location, information on required IDs, and other useful tips are provided here.
- EPA provides a useful, non-technical fact sheet about the rule here.
- More EPA resource materials are available here.
We look forward to seeing you in Washington on Monday, July 10.
Fracking Compendium 5 Water Excerpt
Given the timely and important consideration of the issue by state officials in Florida, Physicians for Social Responsibility, along with Concerned Health Professionals of New York, has released excerpts from the upcoming Fifth Edition of the Compendium of Scientific, Medical, and Media Findings Demonstrating Risks and Harms of Fracking. Released in Miami in advance of the full report, this new document contains an up-to-date analysis and compilation of the science on water contamination risks from drilling, fracking, and associated activities. Read more »
Clean Water Rule Fact Sheet
The Clean Water Rule (CWR) protects the nation's rain-dependent streams and wetlands from toxic pollution under the Clean Water Act. Read more »
Nuclear Weapons Community Cost Calculator
Each April, Dr. Bob Dodge, PSR-LA Board Member and co-founder of Citizens for Peaceful Resolutions, calculates the cost of nuclear weapons programs to our communities. See what the costs are in your community. Read more »