Make a difference in the challenge to confront global warming and prevent nuclear war and the development and use of nuclear weapons.
Tell Governor Brown: Stop the use of oilfield wastewater for irrigation of food crops in California.
Symposium: The Medical and Ecological Consequences of the Fukushima Nuclear Accident
March 11, 2013 - March 12, 2013
New York City, New York
Location: The New York Academy of Medicine
A unique, two-day symposium at which an international panel of leading medical and biological scientists, nuclear engineers, and policy experts will make presentations on and discuss the bio-medical and ecological consequences of the Fukushima disaster, will be held at The New York Academy of Medicine on March 11-12, 2013, the second anniversary of the accident. The public is welcome.
Hear a wide range of topics such as the overview of accident, the risks still present including the leaking plant, concerns over the potential disaster of the spent fuel pool that cannot be emptied safely right now and is at risk of losing cooling with a recurrent earthquake.
- Dr. Bob Alvarez, Institute for Policy Studies, former DOE Waste management
- Dr. Ian Fairlie, Radiation biologist, Initial Health Effects
- Dr. Herb Abrams, Stanford, Member of the Biological Effects of Ionizing Radiation Committee National Academy Sciences (BEIR V11)
- Steven Starr, PSR on implications of massive contamination of Japan with radioactive cesium
- Ken Buesseler, PhD, Woods Hole – Consequences for the Ocean from Fukushima
- And many others
Video of symposium available here
More information »
In the Spotlight
August 23, 2016
Speaking Tour: Heat Advisory
PSR's Dr. Alan Lockwood will visit 7 states this fall to highlight the health effects of climate change and speak about his new book, Heat Advisory.