Your membership supports PSR's work to reduce global warming, eliminate toxics in our environment and abolish nuclear weapons. YOU make our work possible. Thank you.
Drawing on peer-reviewed scientific and medical research, Dr. Lockwood meticulously details the symptoms of climate change and their medical side effects.
On sale now! Enter code M17ENV25 at checkout for 25% discount.
Debates Offer Opportunity to Weigh Candidates’ Positions
October 5, 2012
Below is a list of important questions for you to pose to your candidates for public office on the phone, by email, in letters to the editor and at public events. Please keep the list handy. With so much at stake in November -- and so much special interest money flooding our election system -- Physicians for Social Responsibility urges you to question candidates about their positions on these critical issues.
Questions for Candidates
- Do you support a world free of nuclear weapons?
- How will you work to debunk the defense industry's myth that nuclear weapons make our nation safer?
- What are you doing to address the deficiencies in reactor safety, evacuation and medical emergency plans, and nuclear waste storage that were exposed by the disaster in Fukushima?
- Will you help to defend the EPA's authority to regulate the carbon emissions that are the leading cause of global warming?
- Do you support strengthening the Clean Air Act to help prevent the thousands of deaths caused each year by particulate pollution from coal-fired power plants?
- How will you combat Big Coal's lie of so-called "clean coal" technology?
- Do you support strong standards to protect Americans from chemical toxins and regulate the disposal of dangerous coal ash?
Join PSR on Oct. 22 as we host a membership meet-up on Facebook for the debate.
In the Spotlight
November 30, 2016
Eating for Climate and Health
PSR's new PowerPoint presentation on how climate change impacts food production, and agriculture's contribution to climate change.