Your membership supports PSR's work to reduce global warming, eliminate toxics in our environment and abolish nuclear weapons. YOU make our work possible. Thank you.
Drawing on peer-reviewed scientific and medical research, Dr. Lockwood meticulously details the symptoms of climate change and their medical side effects.
On sale now! Enter code M17ENV25 at checkout for 25% discount.
Debates Offer Opportunity to Weigh Candidates’ Positions
October 5, 2012
Below is a list of important questions for you to pose to your candidates for public office on the phone, by email, in letters to the editor and at public events. Please keep the list handy. With so much at stake in November -- and so much special interest money flooding our election system -- Physicians for Social Responsibility urges you to question candidates about their positions on these critical issues.
Questions for Candidates
- Do you support a world free of nuclear weapons?
- How will you work to debunk the defense industry's myth that nuclear weapons make our nation safer?
- What are you doing to address the deficiencies in reactor safety, evacuation and medical emergency plans, and nuclear waste storage that were exposed by the disaster in Fukushima?
- Will you help to defend the EPA's authority to regulate the carbon emissions that are the leading cause of global warming?
- Do you support strengthening the Clean Air Act to help prevent the thousands of deaths caused each year by particulate pollution from coal-fired power plants?
- How will you combat Big Coal's lie of so-called "clean coal" technology?
- Do you support strong standards to protect Americans from chemical toxins and regulate the disposal of dangerous coal ash?
Join PSR on Oct. 22 as we host a membership meet-up on Facebook for the debate.
Webinar: Health Risks of Nuclear Power
As PSR chapters promote the transition to clean renewable energy, some are finding that nuclear power is being proposed as renewable. This webinar explores exactly why nuclear is not clean, not safe and not renewable. Read more »
Fracking Compendium 5 Water Excerpt
Given the timely and important consideration of the issue by state officials in Florida, Physicians for Social Responsibility, along with Concerned Health Professionals of New York, has released excerpts from the upcoming Fifth Edition of the Compendium of Scientific, Medical, and Media Findings Demonstrating Risks and Harms of Fracking. Released in Miami in advance of the full report, this new document contains an up-to-date analysis and compilation of the science on water contamination risks from drilling, fracking, and associated activities. Read more »
Natural Gas: Not a healthy or climate-protective solution for the Clean Power Plan
Building natural gas plants to replace coal-fired power is not a solution to the climate crisis; it merely replaces one fossil fuel with another. Read more »
In the Spotlight
April 28, 2018
2018 Greenfield Peace Writing Scholarship Awards Ceremony
Join Oregon PSR to celebrate the high school student winners of this year's scholarship. Featuring keynote speaker Marshallese anti-nuclear and climate activist and poet Kathy Jetnil-Kijiner. April 28 at 6 pm in Portland, Oregon.