Make a difference in the challenge to confront global warming and prevent nuclear war and the development and use of nuclear weapons.
Tell President Obama and the US DOT to stop oil trains carrying diluted tar sands and fracked shale oil from the Bakken formation—both are more toxic, more explosive, and more carbon-intensive than conventional crude.
Debates Offer Opportunity to Weigh Candidates’ Positions
October 5, 2012
Below is a list of important questions for you to pose to your candidates for public office on the phone, by email, in letters to the editor and at public events. Please keep the list handy. With so much at stake in November -- and so much special interest money flooding our election system -- Physicians for Social Responsibility urges you to question candidates about their positions on these critical issues.
Questions for Candidates
- Do you support a world free of nuclear weapons?
- How will you work to debunk the defense industry's myth that nuclear weapons make our nation safer?
- What are you doing to address the deficiencies in reactor safety, evacuation and medical emergency plans, and nuclear waste storage that were exposed by the disaster in Fukushima?
- Will you help to defend the EPA's authority to regulate the carbon emissions that are the leading cause of global warming?
- Do you support strengthening the Clean Air Act to help prevent the thousands of deaths caused each year by particulate pollution from coal-fired power plants?
- How will you combat Big Coal's lie of so-called "clean coal" technology?
- Do you support strong standards to protect Americans from chemical toxins and regulate the disposal of dangerous coal ash?
Join PSR on Oct. 22 as we host a membership meet-up on Facebook for the debate.
In the Spotlight
March 25, 2016
What now, after the Supreme Court stay?
The Supreme Court in February 2016 issued a "stay," or a temporary suspension, of the Clean Power Plan while a lower court reviews this legal challenge. This situation raises many questions.