Make a difference in the challenge to confront global warming and prevent nuclear war and the development and use of nuclear weapons.
Tell your senators and representative to support diplomacy with Iran. The more voices that are heard, the better the chances of this agreement taking effect smoothly. Everyone's voice matters!
Debates Offer Opportunity to Weigh Candidates’ Positions
October 5, 2012
Below is a list of important questions for you to pose to your candidates for public office on the phone, by email, in letters to the editor and at public events. Please keep the list handy. With so much at stake in November -- and so much special interest money flooding our election system -- Physicians for Social Responsibility urges you to question candidates about their positions on these critical issues.
Questions for Candidates
- Do you support a world free of nuclear weapons?
- How will you work to debunk the defense industry's myth that nuclear weapons make our nation safer?
- What are you doing to address the deficiencies in reactor safety, evacuation and medical emergency plans, and nuclear waste storage that were exposed by the disaster in Fukushima?
- Will you help to defend the EPA's authority to regulate the carbon emissions that are the leading cause of global warming?
- Do you support strengthening the Clean Air Act to help prevent the thousands of deaths caused each year by particulate pollution from coal-fired power plants?
- How will you combat Big Coal's lie of so-called "clean coal" technology?
- Do you support strong standards to protect Americans from chemical toxins and regulate the disposal of dangerous coal ash?
Join PSR on Oct. 22 as we host a membership meet-up on Facebook for the debate.
In the Spotlight
July 17, 2014
Our Best Opportunity to Cut Climate Change
We need you to take action now! Tell the EPA that its proposed rule to cut carbon pollution from power plants Is vitally important and on the right track – but can be strengthened.