Make a difference in the challenge to confront global warming and prevent nuclear war and the development and use of nuclear weapons.
Join PSR to help President Obama use his last months in office to realize his vision of a world without nuclear weapons.
Debates Offer Opportunity to Weigh Candidates’ Positions
October 5, 2012
Below is a list of important questions for you to pose to your candidates for public office on the phone, by email, in letters to the editor and at public events. Please keep the list handy. With so much at stake in November -- and so much special interest money flooding our election system -- Physicians for Social Responsibility urges you to question candidates about their positions on these critical issues.
Questions for Candidates
- Do you support a world free of nuclear weapons?
- How will you work to debunk the defense industry's myth that nuclear weapons make our nation safer?
- What are you doing to address the deficiencies in reactor safety, evacuation and medical emergency plans, and nuclear waste storage that were exposed by the disaster in Fukushima?
- Will you help to defend the EPA's authority to regulate the carbon emissions that are the leading cause of global warming?
- Do you support strengthening the Clean Air Act to help prevent the thousands of deaths caused each year by particulate pollution from coal-fired power plants?
- How will you combat Big Coal's lie of so-called "clean coal" technology?
- Do you support strong standards to protect Americans from chemical toxins and regulate the disposal of dangerous coal ash?
Join PSR on Oct. 22 as we host a membership meet-up on Facebook for the debate.
PSR-WI Reproductive Environmental Screening Tool
Before during and after pregnancy, women are exposed to many chemicals that may harm them and the growing fetus. Health practitioners use this tool to evaluate their patient’s risk and women and parents can use this tool to learn about these toxic chemicals and become a resource for your community. Read more »
Webinar: The Fight for Solar
Solar energy is one of our best hopes for a clean energy future – yet some utility companies are trying to stifle the spread of rooftop solar. Learn more about the fight for rooftop ("distributed") solar. Read more »
Letter Opposing Dakota Access Pipeline
Letter from PSR and Student PSR in support of the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and in strong opposition of the Dakota Access Pipeline. Read more »
In the Spotlight
October 15, 2016
A one-day Symposium to examine the catastrophic public health consequences of climate change and the ways that climate change will increase the risk of conflict, including nuclear war.