Make a difference in the challenge to confront global warming and prevent nuclear war and the development and use of nuclear weapons.
Tell Governor Brown: Stop the use of oilfield wastewater for irrigation of food crops in California.
Another Step to RevCon 2010
Jill Marie Parillo
May 13, 2009
Draft recommendations are shaping up for the 2010 RevCon. The Zimbabwean chair released a draft of his recommendations to the NGOs. A few of the PrepCom chair’s recommendations to the 2010 RevCon Chair, Philippines Ambassador Libran Nuevas Cabactulan, are to:
- Declare the Treaty is an expression of fundamental principles of nuclear disarmament and nonproliferation and remains a cornerstone of the global disarmament regime.
- Reaffirm the commitment shared by States parties to achieving universal membership and call upon all states parties to adhere to the NPT.
- Reaffirm commitments to nuclear disarmament, acknowledging commitments made at the 1995 and 2000 Review Conferences.
- Identify several practical disarmament initiatives including: the entry into force of the CTBT, beginning FMCT negotiations, and implementing transparent steps towards disarmament.
- Reaffirm the IAEA’s importance in verifying compliance with the NPT, and the importance of their initiative, multilateral approaches to the fuel cycle.
- Affirm the importance of Security Assurances.
- Reaffirm the inalienable rights of states to peaceful nuclear technology under article IV.
- Recall that the NPT 1995 extension is linked to the Resolution on the Middle East.
Comments Leave a Comment
In the Spotlight
August 23, 2016
Speaking Tour: Heat Advisory
PSR's Dr. Alan Lockwood will visit 7 states this fall to highlight the health effects of climate change and speak about his new book, Heat Advisory.