Two PSR/Washington physicians, Michael Soman, MD and Mark Vossler, MD, published a powerful op-ed article recently in the Seattle Times. “Climate Change is Killing Our Patients” presents with great cogency a number of PSR’s themes for 2019: that climate change is causing death and disease, here, today; that health professionals are taking action by promoting public policies for clean energy and a cool climate; and that “renewable energy, cleaner transportation and smarter urban design can promote benefits of physical activity, clean our air and improve mental health all while reducing greenhouse-gas emissions and creating a hopeful future for our children.” Read their op-ed here.
- New Analysis of Fracking Science Finds Serious Harms to Public Health, Environment, and Climate
- New Fracking “Compendium” Now Available
- Physicians for Social Responsibility: Finalized ACE Rule Puts People’s Health at Risk
- Help stop fracked gas: Protect our communities and climate!
- Tell presidential candidates: The U.S. must never start a nuclear war!