Two PSR/Washington physicians, Michael Soman, MD and Mark Vossler, MD, published a powerful op-ed article recently in the Seattle Times. “Climate Change is Killing Our Patients” presents with great cogency a number of PSR’s themes for 2019: that climate change is causing death and disease, here, today; that health professionals are taking action by promoting public policies for clean energy and a cool climate; and that “renewable energy, cleaner transportation and smarter urban design can promote benefits of physical activity, clean our air and improve mental health all while reducing greenhouse-gas emissions and creating a hopeful future for our children.” Read their op-ed here.
- The Green New Deal: Just What the Doctor Ordered
- Floridians should benefit from the governor’s recent moves
- Must-Read: “Climate Change—A Health Emergency”
- “Americans need real protection of their air, water and health, not abandonment of the EPA’s mission”: PSR Opposes Nomination of Andrew Wheeler as EPA Administrator
- Preparing Medical Students for a Warmer World