Today, we find ourselves on the brink of another Cold War, but we can do something to help prevent it right here in Maine. The Legislature has an opportunity to help reduce the threats posed by nuclear weapons by passing LR 887 “Joint Resolution Memorializing the President of the United States to and the United States Congress to Lead a Global Effort to Prevent Nuclear War.” This resolution urges the federal government to support five policies that could greatly reduce the public health threat posed by nuclear weapons.
- New Analysis of Fracking Science Finds Serious Harms to Public Health, Environment, and Climate
- New Fracking “Compendium” Now Available
- Physicians for Social Responsibility: Finalized ACE Rule Puts People’s Health at Risk
- Help stop fracked gas: Protect our communities and climate!
- Tell presidential candidates: The U.S. must never start a nuclear war!