As leaders of Greater Boston Physicians for Social Responsibility – an organization with expertise in public health and emergency response – we are alarmed by the health and safety risks of this proposed facility. Compressor stations release a slew of dangerous air pollutants, including lung- and heart-damaging particulate matter and cancer-causing chemicals such as benzene and formaldehyde. These pollutants would be carried by prevailing winds directly into greater Boston.
- Hiroshima Nagasaki – Never Again! Attend a commemoration event near you.
- Working in Diverse Communities
- EPA standards rollback harmful to all, including Lansing residents
- AMA Calls for Climate Change Health Education in Medical Schools
- 60 Years Since the Largest U.S. Nuclear Accident and Captured Federal Agencies