Do you have a passion for PSR’s mission to create a healthier safer world for present and future generations? If so, then you may be interested in becoming a PSR Climate Ambassador.
As a Climate Ambassador you will have the opportunity to work closely with PSR staff and participate in a select number of important actions and activities on key climate and clean energy issues. Some current activities include:
- Submitting a comment to EPA on an environmental standards rollback
- Submitting a letter to the editor on a key issue or signing onto an op-ed (which we provide guidance in drafting and submitting)
- Testifying at an EPA hearing on a climate related issue
- Calling, writing or meeting with your congressional delegation
- Participating in a local climate event
PSR Climate Ambassadors are asked to take a minimum of one action per month. PSR staff regularly provide the Climate Ambassadors with a variety of activities each month.
“Being a part of the climate ambassadors has been a really empowering experience for me. Since joining I have been supported in writing letters to the editor and have been able to meet with several of my elected representatives to discuss the health impacts of climate change. Through this experience I have become a stronger advocate for my future patients”
– Autumn Vogel, medical student and a national student representative to the PSR Board of Directors
“As a climate change ambassador, PSR has taught me how be a better advocate and connected me with strategic opportunities to have my voice heard at the national level. Through this program, I have gotten OP-ED pieces published in various journals, had the chance to speak with Senators and Congressmen at DC, and connect with like-minded students and physicians. Overall, this experience has inspired me to be a stronger advocate, and given me tools I can use for the rest of my life.”
– Sid Gugale, medical student and a national student representative to the PSR Board of Directors
My Patients’ Health Depends on Addressing Climate Change
Autumn Vogul – Common Dreams
Preparing Medical Students for a Warmer World
Christian Cayon – Common Dreams
The Clock Is Ticking on Addressing Climate Change—Med Students Can Help
Sidhant Gugale – Common Dreams
Air Pollution Is Killing Kids, But Trump’s EPA Doesn’t Seem To Care
Eric Sullivan – Huffington Post
Interested? Sign up here and join an exciting group of activists who are committed to advocating for a healthier safer world for present and future generations.