Below, you will find detailed information, resources, and opportunities to take climate-protective action.
How does climate change affect insect-borne diseases?
What can I do to help fight climate change?
- Spread the knowledge
- Share this information with your Governor via Twitter or Facebook. Urge him/her to support the Clean Power Plan—because climate change makes you sick! #YesCPP
- Check if your state is complying with the Clean Power Plan
- Join PSR’s Activist List.
- U.S. Global Change Research Program (2016, April 4.) The Impacts of Climate Change on Human Health in the United States: A Scientific AssessmentThis government study documents “what we know about the impacts of climate change on public health, and the confidence with which we know it.” It examines a broad range of health impacts as they affect the health of the American people, not just in the future but right now.
- PSR: Climate Change and Health: Insect-borne disease (Fact Sheet)
- PSR: Vector-borne & water-borne diseases (PowerPoint)
- Welch, Craig. National Geographic (2015, September 15) Why the Arctic’s Mosquito Problem is Getting Bigger, Badder.